Earlier this year Maxi Construction were awarded the Primary School & Early Years Bundle project for Clackmannanshire Council from hub East Central Scotland Limited. The project consists of alteration and extension works to a number of primary schools within Clackmannanshire over a 2-year period.
The 5 schools involved are: Alva Primary School, Craigbank Primary School, Deerpark Primary School, Park Primary School & Nursery and Menstrie Primary School.
Works began in July to reconfigure Alva Primary School as follows:
- Reconfiguration within the existing building:
- Construction of a new extension forming a new shared reception and foyer
- Reconfiguration of 2 existing classrooms and ancillary accommodation to provide a library facility and IT suite together with a small multi-purpose room
- Formation of new public male, female and disabled toilet facilities off the new reception area.
- Reconfiguration of the external areas:
- Reconfigure the car park to maximise parking provision and creation of a safe means of access to the nursery
- Reconfigure the front of the school to create parking spaces for visitors and ASN taxis drop off and pick up area
- Reconfigure entrance area of the school to create a clear shared entrance, providing secure and controlled access to both the school and community areas
The project team is led by hub East Central Scotland with Mackie Ramsay Taylor Architects as Architect, Civic Engineers as Civil & Structural Engineer and Hulley & Kirkwood Consulting Engineers Ltd as M&E Engineers.