Working alongside and reporting to our Senior Estimator, the role would suit an estimator or assistant estimator from a general build background, with experience in joinery and groundwork estimating. Working on the Conquest estimating system.
We specialise in a wide range of niche projects, from commercial fit-outs, to award-winning restoration projects, retail, frameworks and hub work. We are looking for an individual who has the ability of being a real “team player” and not just a number. Projects will range in value from £100k to £3 million.
Key Elements of the role will include:-
- To support Managing Director in identifying and winning appropriate contracts, whilst maximising tender margins.
- Identification of specific risks and opportunity within each tender.
- Produce tenders using Conquest estimating software.
- Procure best value sub contract and material prices for inclusion in Tender offer.
- Ensure appropriate contract paperwork is maintained for each Tender
- Assess and price project prelim requirements for inclusion in bids.
- Actively participate in briefing/handover meeting between estimating and contracts team before start of new contracts.
- Ensure estimating price database is kept up to date and accurate.
- Ability to complete to prepare quantities or breakdowns for lump sum or takeoff items.
This role would be ideally suited to an assistant estimator, working for a main contractor and looking for their next move, wanting to make more of an “impact” in terms of the projects tendered for, then please get in touch. You have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team with a real family feel to the business.
In the first instance please submit your CV.