Maxi Construction, established in 1971, operates as a Principal Contractor throughout central and southern Scotland. Working in all market sectors we deliver new build, extension, alteration, refurbishment and fit-out projects.
We have a vacancy for a Construction Administration Assistant; this role will be office-based, in Livingston, working within a team to deliver the administration requirements associated with a Construction Company.
Activities and responsibilities will include:
- Registering, issuing and printing Construction drawings, specifications, etc.
- Co-ordinating, collating and preparation of information to allow the compilation of Operation and Maintenance Manuals for construction projects
- Assisting Contracts Managers in preparation of documents required for construction projects
- Hard copy and Electronic mail distribution and filing
- Assisting Buying, Commercial and Estimating functions when workload dictates
- Telephone management
When applying for this role you will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Education: Qualifications – National 5 (or equivalent) English and Maths essential, business qualifications preferred but not essential
- Team Work: Previous experience of working within a team
- Initiative: The ability to make decisions
- Attitude: Positive, accurate work, articulate, polite
- Timescales: Ability to complete tasks by the required deadline
- Quality: Presentation of work for internal and external requirements to be of a high standard
- Experience: Relevant or transferable
- Experience in an administration role preferred
- Experience of working in the construction industry is preferred but not essential
- IT: Demonstrate IT knowledge – MS Office Word, Excel, Publisher